The last two climbs were really big for me. I found a belay/climbing partner named Matt from the Take A Hike group. Thursday we put away a few bouldering problems and I send a 5.6 and 5.7. I got a little lazy on Saturday and didn’t go out.
We totally tore it up last night though. The gym was packed and after a few warm-ups we hit the walls and were climbing/belaying the rest of the evening. The Take A Hike group was in full force and I got to meet some new people. Boone lead climbed a 5.9 with a big overhang and I top roped after her and unclipped the route. It wasn’t 100% clean, but it was a real fun climb for sure. I also sent three 5.8 routes including this one slab route that was quite a different experience for me. Christian also put up a new ~V1 route that was fun to work. Overall, a great night and major progress on the goal.
I’ve also got plans to go outdoors with Matt this month as well so I can knock out the outdoor climb.
So much for a post at the end of last week. Making good progress though. Three nights a week is working out well and I’m continuing to make progress in strength, balance, and technique. I on-sighted another ~V1 and sent several new problems that were set while I was sick. I’m working on V4 problems now and plan to start doing more wall climbing this week. I feel like my stamina and strength are where they need to be to start making good progress on the top rope. We’ll see how it goes to-nite. The one problem is that I don’t have a belay partner, so I’ll have to see if there’s someone who will help me out. I also talked to Brad about outdoor climbing and it sounds like we might be going on a quick trip towards the end of the month.
I’m still having problems with my weight though. Seems I need about 2500 calories a day to maintain weight right now. It’s been hard to keep up and try to exceed that to add on some mass. Thankfully, I’m back to about where I was before I started climbing.
The lack of updates the past two weeks has been due to some sort of zombie flu that had me incapacitated for a while. I managed to miss the rock trip and nearly two full weeks at the gym. This week though I was finally able to make it back to the gym and get re-acclimated. Thankfully I managed to not lose too much strength. I sent a few new routes and even on-sighted a new V0/V1 that showed up while I was gone.
Megan seems to be improving as well. She had the flu almost as long as I did and wasn’t able to go much either. We’re going to try and step it up to at least three trips to the gym each week to hopefully boost our progress. We’ve been recovering fairly fast compared to when we first started going and it shouldn’t be to bug of a deal to do three days a week.
That’s it for now, I’ll probably post another update at the end of week on the results of our next two trips.