Friday was an excellent day at the gym. I was there for about 3.5 hours, so my endurance and pacing seem to be improving. My climbing partner was out sick, so I was working bouldering problems solo. I sent seven new problems: 4 new V0s and 3 V1s. I also came very close to sending a V3 but just ran out of energy finally. One of the guys that works at the gym, Christian, came and bouldered with me a bit just before closing. He taught me a little bit about flagging, which helped me a lot on the V3.
I’ve been really surprised and impressed with the progress I’ve made in just a week and a half. I noticed a big improvement in strength and endurance last nite over where I had been just a little more than a week earlier. I’m going to start working a lot more on technique next week and hopefully start sending some V3 problems in the process. Also, I’ll be picking up my climbing harness next week so that I can start working on the big walls. Wish me luck!